Galleries and Personal Works:
Yusri Yusof is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. However, for the past six years, he has been traveling quite extensively. At first, photography was just another hobby but over the years he has truly become an avid photographer and found his passion in trying to create meaningful and memorable photos.
Traveling and being away from home has taken his interest in photography to a new level as he tries to bring a camera with him every time he is on the streets. Street, photojournalism, and documentary photography really appeal to him as it takes the combination of anticipation, patience, and persistence to be able to get a photo which tells the story, gives impacts and leaves trailing thoughts to its viewers.
Speaking of street photography, he does not believe that luck plays a part in capturing a good photo. The photograph and the scene he captures are like a hand completing a jigsaw puzzle. There is no luck, it is either you capture or miss the scene, using a pair of good eyes and instinct.
- Malaysia ARTPhotography Exhibition, Wisma Bentley Music, Kuala Lumpur, Sep 2009
- Akar & Kukubesi Art & Photography Exhibition, Galeri Shah Alam, May 2011
- Multilayered Realities, Galeri Chandan, Sep 2013
- Featured in The Malay Mail Newspaper, 3 May 2011
- Featured in The Star Newspaper – 5 May 2011
- Featured in Kosmo Newspaper, 6 May 2011
- Featured in Tropical, Thailand Travel Magazine, Volume 9 Issue 79, 2011
- Shortlisted – Digital Camera Photographer of the Year (POTY), 2009
- Mentioned – National Geographic Travel Instagram Contest, 2014
- Entry – Lens Culture Magnum Photography Awards, 2016
All Right Reserved © 2016 Yusri Yusof